What Is Janitorial Services
Janitorial services deal with the professional cleaning of both commercial and non-commercial properties, including office buildings, medical, educational, and industrial business centres. A few commercial janitorial services also include property management and maintenance services.
What is Janitorial cleaning?
Janitorial cleaning is the same as janitorial services discussed above. It refers to the cleaning of buildings, emptying of trashes, restocking sanitation supplies, and performance of general facility maintenance. It involves day to day cleaning and maintenance of hospitals, schools, manufacturing plants, apartments, and other public structures.
What is Commercial Cleaning Service?
Commercial cleaning services involve the usage of specialised cleaning technologies to carry out the cleaning of commercial buildings such as schools, industrial buildings, offices, medical and healthcare facilities, commercial kitchens, and more. Commercial cleaning companies employ well-trained cleaners to carry out this specialised services.
What is the difference between Janitorial Services and Commercial cleaning services?
The main difference between janitorial and commercial cleaning services is that janitorial services are essential everyday tasks while commercial cleaning services deal with large cleaning tasks carried out a few times per calendar year.
For instance, commercial cleaning service deals with a thorough carpet cleaning while janitorial cleaning involves daily vacuuming of the carpeting.
Janitorial service is important for day to day cleaning and maintenance of the office building. On the other hand, commercial cleaning services are required for deep cleanings and to get a building ready for special occasions.
What is janitorial maintenance?
Janitorial maintenance is another word for janitorial cleaning. Both words can be interchanged.
Janitorial Cleaning Equipment
Janitorial cleaning equipment is the tools employed to carry out the day to day cleaning of a building. Below is a list of some janitorial cleaning equipment.
- Carpet sweeper
- Cleaning pad
- Pipe cleaner
- Lawn sweeper
- Electric pressure washer
- Carpet extractors
Janitorial Maintenance Duties
The janitorial cleaning duties are the responsibilities of a janitor. Below we have listed some essential duties of janitorial maintenance.
- Cleaning mirrors and windows of a building.
- Cleaning of building floors by mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, or scrubbing.
- Removing waste and emptying trash.
- Cleaning and supplying restrooms.
- Organizing janitorial storage areas.
- Notifying the supervisors about the need for repairs and maintenance.
- Refilling cleaning and maintenance.
Janitorial Services Prices
The price of janitorial service depends on many variables like the location, size of the building, number of services required, and many more. The average price of hiring a janitor is between $20 to $50 per hour in the United States. We advise that you visit a janitorial company near you, to find out how much they’re charging.
Janitorial Services Checklist
It is important to know the cleaning service you require before hiring a professional janitor. Here is a list of the basic cleaning services that are necessary for your office building.
Daily Janitorial Cleaning Tasks
Daily office cleaning is extremely important for every business entity. Cleaning helps to create a productive and healthy working environment. Here is a list of important daily janitorial cleaning:
- Vacuuming of carpets and mats.
- Sweep or vacuum of hard floor surfaces.
- Disinfect surfaces with a damp wipe.
- Wash bins, change garbage bags, and empty trash cans when necessary.
- Using disinfectants cleaners to mop hard floors.
- Cleaning of windows and glass doors internally.
- Wipe light switches and doors to get rid of fingerprints and other marks.
- Dust furniture and office equipment.
- Remove litter from the interior and exterior of the office.
- Polish bright works on doors and cabinets.
- Spot clean surfaces and walls.
Weekly Janitorial Cleaning Tasks
Here is a list of weekly cleaning services that compliments your daily efforts.
- Buff hard floor surfaces.
- Exterior glass surface cleanings.
- Disinfect keywords and telephones.
- Cleaning of the oven, microwave, and refrigerator.
Monthly Cleaning Tasks
Here is a list of monthly cleaning services that compliments your daily and weekly efforts.
- Vacuuming of cloth office vents and furniture.
- Cleaning of window coverings
- Dust and disinfect hard to reach places like tops of the ceiling fans, windows, cabinets, cupboards, and more.
Janitorial services help to keep our environment clean and safe from germs. You should hire a professional janitor for your home or office cleaning today.
Check out other valuable articles: